Sunday, June 21, 2009

To The Father's In My Life.....

Happy Father's Day

Daddy's Little Girl
Daddy's Little Girl You're the end of the rainbow, my pot of gold,You're daddy's little girl to have and hold.A precious gem is what you are,You're mommy's bright and shining star.

You're the spirit of Christmas, my star on the tree,You're the Easter bunny to mommy and me.You're sugar you're spice, you're everything nice,And you're daddy's little girl.

You're the end of the rainbow, my pot of gold,You're daddy's little girl to have and hold.A precious gem is what you are,You're mommy's bright and shining star.
You're the treasure I cherish so sparkling and bright,You were touched by the holy and beautiful light.Like angels that sing a heavenly thing,And you're daddy's little girl.


You're the treasure I cherish so sparkling and bright,You were touched by the holy and beautiful light.Like angels that sing a heavenly thing,And you're daddy's little girl.


What is the definition of a father?.....

A dad is someone who wants to catch you before you fall but instead picks you up,brushes you off,and lets you try again. A dad is someone who wants to keep you from making mistakes but instead lets you find your own way,even though his heart breaks in silence when you get hurt. A dad is someone who holds you when you cry,scolds you when you break the rules,shines with pride when you succeed,and has faith in you even when you fail....

I am defiantly a Daddy's girl!! Ask me who the best dad in the world is, and I'd say hands down my dad. As a little girl, you look at your dad and think he's invincible...there's nothing he can't do. At 29, I still feel this way about my dad. I am very thankful that God allowed me to having a loving father who always put mine and my sister's needs above his own. A father that never made me question rather or not I was the center of his universe. So yes....my dad is the best dad in the world.

Not only do I have a great dad, I have a wonderful husband. For those of you who know Geran and I personally, you know that Geran and I do not have any children of our own. However, we help out with our niece and nephew. Geran is absolutely wonderful with them. He treats them as if they were his own children. Alivia loves her G and has him completely wrap around her little finger. Tyler loves playing ball and learning new things from Geran. For the past two years, Geran has coached Tyler's baseball team, and truly loves spending that quality time with him. I am very grateful that God gave me a wonderful husband that would be another positive "father figure" in my sister's children's lives.

A special thanks to all the dads, grandpas, uncles, or anyone who is a "father figure" to someone. Thanks for allowing yourself to love someone more than yourself:)

Happy Fathers Day!!!

No comments:



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones